Steeles Memorial funeral directors are professionals and experienced with the various stages of bereavement. Please feel free to discuss your needs with us. If you prefer, we will be pleased to refer you to a bereavement counseling group.
It is important to be aware of the normal emotional phases subsequent to a death. In general terms, these phases can be defined as follows:
- Denial … as in ‘I just can’t believe it’
- Anger … as in ‘it just isn’t fair’
- Despair … as in ‘I just can’t cope’
- Confrontation … time of deep sorrow
- Acceptance … the point where one resumes and reclaims one-self
Should you feel the need to discuss your bereavement with any of our funeral directors or be referred to a bereavement counseling group, please contact us.